|NSW licenced wildlife volunteer groups and Independent wildlife licence holders can apply for grants up to $10,000 to support bush fire related activities that deem an emergency.|
It was announced the grants will cover costs associate with materials and activities carried out during a specific bush fire emergency event only.
The grants can be used for the following purposes:
* fuel vouchers for volunteers working on emergency operations cages, * tents, tables and other equipment
* animal feed and formula feeding bottles, teats, syringes, needles, wipes wraps and pouches
* rehydration-fluid and other first aid medication first aid kit materials
* PPE & safety equipment for volunteers including hats, torches , sunscreen, fluoro vests, water and food for volunteer refreshments
* hiring fees for local hall or room to be used as a wildlife emergency operation centre