The (ACT) Australian Capital Territory is home to Australia’s federal government and Canberra small business hub. The economic activity of business funding in Australia can be found here.
Australian Government business funding supports Canberra entrepreneurs with grants, loans and relevant advice to support (R&D) research & development, commercialisation, business growth, start-up, trade and export opportunities.
Government Business Funding
The government understands that small business grant programs are an integral part of business growth and sustainability. Injecting this money back into Australia’s leading business and industry sectors creates a healthier economy and creates more job opportunities for Australian workers.
Government support also includes small business mentoring, expert advice, free workshops, seminars plus:
- International Expansion – $45,000
- Apprentice Employment – $4,000
- Research & Development vouchers – $25,000
- Business Help Network Grants – total pool $1m (to help struggling business)
- Capital funding – $250,000
- Export Guarantees – Various amounts
- Export market grants – $250,000
- Women in business – $8,000
For a complete list of all government grants and loans currently offered to help Australian Capital Territory small business owners or more information on government funding available to your industry please phone: (02) 61 835 040